Pediatric Fainting, Dizziness, POTS Clinic (Syncope/POTS Clinic)
Pediatric Specialty Clinics, 2nd floor, American Family Children's Hospital
Our Pediatric Fainting, Dizziness, POTS Clinic (Syncope/POTS Clinic) at American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, evaluates and treats children and teenagers with fainting (syncope), dizziness, and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome).
About Our Services
- Fainting and dizziness can be caused by a number of things. The Pediatric Fainting and Dizziness Clinic investigates whether heart problems are causing a child's fainting and dizziness.
- Patients with POTS and/or chronic dizziness or fainting usually do not have life-threatening conditions, but they often require close monitoring and treatment. Our clinic provides these services.
Meet Our Provider
Erin received her master's in nursing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is certified as a pediatric nurse practitioner. Her passion is caring for children with congenital heart disease and their families. Her special interests include childr...
- Patients will be initially seen by a medical assistant or nursing assistant for vital signs and heart rate and blood pressure checks.
- Patients may receive an electrocardiogram
- An evaluation of medical history and an examination will determine if patients require further testing, including echocardiogram, exercise stress testing, and Holter monitor testing
- Tilt table testing is rarely used for children or adolescents with dizziness and fainting but may be considered. Our staff will discuss with you the benefits and drawbacks to a tilt table test.
- Health Facts for You: Neurocardiogenic Syncope/Vasovagal Syncope (Fainting)
- Kids Health: Fainting