Community Around the Children's Hospital: About Membership
Community Around the Children’s Hospital (CATCH) is a membership-based group of professionals, community members and advocates making a difference in children’s lives. They dedicate their time, talents and energy to collaborate, engage and support American Family Children’s Hospital.
As part of the group's mission, CATCH members:
- Collaborate and advocate together to further advance the mission and priorities of American Family Children's Hospital
- Develop meaningful connections and collaborative relationships
- Support the Children's Hospital by participating in volunteer activities
- Enhance financial support for current and new programs
Join us as a member of CATCH. Annual membership is $100 and 100 percent of your dues benefit patients and families through programs at American Family Children's Hospital. Inaugural members who sign up between July and December of this year will have the added benefit of an extended membership through 2015 for the price of a yearly membership. Your membership allows you to support American Family Children’s Hospital in a variety of ways.
Benefits of Membership
- Engage in hands-on volunteer work at American Family Children's Hospital
- Participate in volunteer opportunities that are only available to members of CATCH.
- There are over 30 volunteer opportunities at the Children's Hospital including serving meals for patients and families and assisting with the annual Holiday Store event which provides patients with gifts during the holiday season. Learn more about volunteering
- Be a part of the next generation of community leaders
- Collaborate and build meaningful connections to enhance your network
- Attend exclusive member-only events which feature presentations from physicians and researchers
- Make a difference in the lives of patients and families in your community through philanthropy
- Enhance existing programs and provide financial support for the creation of new ones
The Impact of Your Membership
Your annual membership of $100 will directly benefit the patients and families at American Family Children’s Hospital. Examples of what your $100 provides:
- Meals to twenty family members staying with patients in the hospital
- Twenty comfort kits with age-appropriate distraction items
- Transportation assistance to families traveling from outside Dane County
- Five hours of Child Life support to help children cope during hospitalization
Your membership provides an immediate resource to support these four main priorities of American Family Children’s Hospital:
Patient and Family Support Services
Funds in this group currently support families by providing food to families, gas cards to screened families who need support getting to and from the hospital, long distance phone cards to families without cell phones, financial support grants, lodging assistance for families, and home medical equipment that children need for recovery.
Child Life Program
Child Life specialists are trained in child development and know exactly how to help children of all ages cope with the fear and anxiety associated with a medical environment and being in the hospital. They work with patients to reduce fear of a procedure and prepare siblings to see their hospitalized sibling. Donations help support the hiring of Child Life specialists, provide distraction items, teaching resources, toys, and activities.
Child Health Advocacy
While taking care of patients under its roof is paramount, American Family Children’s Hospital’s commitment to Child Health Advocacy - keeping ALL children healthy and safe - is a cornerstone of this hospital. The current priorities of child health advocacies include helping combat childhood obesity, unintentional injury prevention, school health, early literacy, child abuse, and oral health.
Area of Greatest Need
By supporting the Greatest Need Fund, you make it possible for American Family Children’s Hospital to meet a wide range of needs that enhance the experience for our patients and their families. The Greatest Need Fund has made a difference include the hospital’s expansion, better laundry facilities for families, and family meals.