In-kind donations (also known as the Child Life Wish List) are welcome at American Family Children's Hospital all year long. We greatly appreciate your donations.
Even though the public cannot personally deliver items directly to patients, your donations will be used in the following ways:
- Restocking our playrooms, Emergency Department and clinic waiting areas
- Holidays items
- Given to patients for bedside play
- BINGO prizes
- Birthday and end of treatment celebrations
Gifts can be dropped off at the Guest Depot, located near the front entrance of American Family Children's Hospital at 1675 Highland Ave., Monday through Friday between 7am-5:30pm. Donations can be dropped off at Security on Saturdays and Sundays.
If you are looking to make a financial donation, please refer to our Donate page.
Donated items must meet the following criteria:
- All toys should be new. We cannot accept used toys. We do not accept stuffed animals of any kind (new or used) due to infection control guidelines.
- In original packaging and not gift-wrapped
- Store bought, and not stored in an attic, basement or garage
- No candy or food. If you're interested in donating a family meal, please contact Julie Auenson at (608) 890-8095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of suggested items to donate can be found on our Child Life Wish List below or by following the links to one of our gift registries.
- To access the Amazon registry, go to the registry page and enter afch in both the first name and last name fields.
Amazon Smile: Another way to give to Child Life and the American Family Children's Hospital is by using the Amazon Smile Program. Select University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority as the charity organization, and 0.5 percent of all Amazon purchases through Amazon Smile go to American Family Children's Hospital and the Child Life program to benefit patients and families directly.
- To access the Target wishlist, go to the registry page, select the Find link corresponding to Baby Registry and enter afch as the first name and last name.
Note: Quantities are listed because the registries were created for gift ideas. Quantity listings are not meant to imply a limit.
Gifts We Can Always Use
- Board books for infants
- Wedding-size Bubbles
- Crayola crayons, markers and colored pencils
- Distraction items
- Gift cards ($5 and $10 increments to Target, Walmart, Walgreens)
- Glad Press'n Seal
- Holiday and birthday gift bags and wrapping paper
- Kinetic Sand
- Kinetic Sand Laptop Tray
- Newer release (including: Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks) DVDs (PG-13 DVDs are great for our teen patients)
- Popular kid show DVDs (Dora, Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Paw Patrol, Doc McStuffins, and Peppa Pig)
Gifts We Currently Have Plenty Of
- Dolls and Barbies
- iTunes gift cards
- Board games
- Card games
Favorite Items: Arts and Crafts
Favorite Items: Bedside
Favorite Items: Distraction
Favorite Items: Family
Favorite Items: Playroom
Favorite Items: Positive Image Center