In-kind donations (also known as the Child Life Wish List) are welcome at American Family Children's Hospital all year long. We greatly appreciate your donations.
Even though the public cannot personally deliver items directly to patients, your donations will be used in the following ways:
- Restocking our playrooms, Emergency Department and clinic waiting areas
- Holidays items
- Given to patients
Gifts can be dropped off at the Guest Depot, located near the front entrance of American Family Children's Hospital at 1675 Highland Ave., Monday through Friday between 7am-5:30pm. Donations can be dropped off at Security on Saturdays and Sundays.
If you are looking to make a financial donation, please refer to our Be A Fundraiser or Donate pages.
Guide to Gift Giving
Donated items must meet the following criteria:
- All toys should be new. We cannot accept used toys. We do not accept stuffed animals of any kind (new or used) due to infection control concerns.
- In original packaging and not gift-wrapped
- Store bought, and not stored in an attic, basement or garage
- No candy or food. If you're interested in donating a family meal, please contact Julie Auenson at (608) 890-8095 or email@example.com.
- Cake Mate Sprinkles
- Crayola crayons, markers and colored pencils
- Distraction items
- Rattles (all plastic)
- Gift cards ($5 and $10 increments to Target, Walmart, Best Buy)
- Glad Press'n Seal
- Holiday gift bags
- Newer release (including: Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks) DVDs (PG-13 DVDs are great for our teen patients)
- Reusable wall decals for all ages
- Board games
- iTunes gift cards
A list of suggested items to donate can be found on our Child Life Wish List below or by following the links to one of our gift registries.
- To access the Amazon registry, go to the registry page and enter afch in both the first name and last name fields.
- To access the Toys 'R' Us registry, go to the registry page and enter afch in both the first name and last name fields.
- To access the Playworks wishlist, go to the wishlist page and enter afchchildlife in the username field.
- To access the Target wishlist, go to the registry page, select the Find link corresponding to Baby Registry and enter afch as the first name and last name.
Note: Quantities are listed because the registries were created for gift ideas. Quantity listings are not meant to imply a limit.