Note: You'll want to keep these sandwiches refrigerated. They'll keep for 8 hours, tightly wrapped.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
What you need:
- 3/4 cup light cream cheese, slightly softened
- half a large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of whole-wheat bread
Equipment and supplies:
- Large knife
- Cutting board
- Plastic wrap (optional)
What to do:
- Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese (about 3 tablespoons per sandwich).
- Place about 4 cucumber slices on 4 of the slices of bread and top with remaining bread slices.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately or wrap sandwiches and save for later.
How much does this make?
- 4 sandwiches
Reviewed by: Mary L. Gavin, MD
Date reviewed: June 2010