Asthma Advocacy Program
American Family Children's Hospital's Asthma Advocacy Program is dedicated to promoting health and wellness by empowering, educating and advocating for children with asthma and their families, providing connections to resources and building trusting partnerships with families, community agencies and providers in our community.
What do we do?
- Asthma education: We provide asthma education to community organizations using the American Lung Association's Asthma 101 curriculum.
- School-based asthma education: We work with school districts to implement Iggy and the Inhalers Asthma Education for elementary students and Kickin' Asthma for middle and high school students.
Madison Asthma Camp
Madison Asthma Camp is a free, fun day for children 8-12 to learn about their asthma
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided
- Take home an Iggy and the Inhalers comic book and trading cards
- Learn Tae Kwon Do and play games
- Make slides and look at pollen under a microscope
The 2017 Madison Asthma Camp will be Friday, June 9. Call (608) 263-6180 for registration information. The Madison Asthma camp is made possible with donations from American Family Children's Hospital, Metro Market, Glass Nickel Pizza and the Out Run Asthma charity race.
Sun Prairie Kickin' Asthma Camp
In a partnership with Sun Prairie Area School District, we are piloting a one-day camp for Sun Prairie Middle School children using the American Lung Association's Kickin' Asthma curriculum. If you are a middle school student with asthma attending SPASD and would like to attend, ask your school nurse for more information.
The Sun Prairie Kickin’ Asthma Camp is made possible with donations from American Family Children's Hospital.
Iggy and the Inhalers
Our Madison Asthma Camp incorporates Iggy and the Inhalers asthma education throughout the day. Watch the video and learn more about asthma:
Asthma Clinical Research
Learn more about current research studies for children by calling (877) 942-7846.