Open Forum Educational Sesssions
Suggest a Topic
If you have a suggestion for topic we could address in an upcoming session, let us know.
Patient Family Liaison
The Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Department would like all parents to know that we value your input and feedback. We encourage parents and our patients over 18 to consider attending our "Open Forum" Educational Sessions.
These sessions are an opportunity for you to meet other parents, advise hospital staff on issues of importance in the care of your children and be a part of essential feedback and discussion. All sessions will be held at the American Family Children’s Hospital and include a light dinner, presentation and a question/answer session.
Some parents come to all sessions; some come to only a few. Regardless of how many sessions you can come to, we encourage you to sign up to stay in contact and be a part of the sessions - as little or as much as you can.
Upcoming Sessions for 2014
- May 27: AFCH Comprehensive Neurocutaneous Disorders Clinic: Diseases Managed, Specialists Involved, What to Expect, with Kristine Casey, APNP, and Abby Roth, RN. RSVP for the session
- June 24: Topic to be determined
- July 22: Topic to be determined
- August 26: Topic to be determined
- September 23: Nutrition with Carol A. Diamond, MD. RSVP for the session
- October 28: Taking Care of You: Powerful Tools for Caregiving, with Joyce Kilgore Carlin, CAPSW. RSVP for the session
- November 18: What Happens After the "Done with Treatment" Party, with Kristin Casey, APNP and Amanda Meyer, CCLS. RSVP for the session
- December 16: The Stand Up to Cancer - St. Baldrick's Foundation and Pediatric Cancer Dream Team: Progress, Plans and UW's Role, with Paul Sondel, MD, PhD, Walker Professor and Division Head. RSVP for the session
For questions, or to RSVP for a session, contact:
Patient Family Liaison
A light dinner will be served. Registration is strongly encouraged as it helps us determine dinner accommodations, but is not required.
At "Open Forum" sessions, we often invite speakers to discuss topics relevant to our parent community.
Topics from recent meetings include:
Video: How Can I Discipline My Child Who is Already Suffering? | Powerpoint Slides from Dr. Farrell's Presentation