Pediatric and Adolescent Transgender Health (PATH) Clinic
The Pediatric and Adolescent Transgender Health (PATH) Clinic in Madison, Wisconsin provides education about medical care options for gender-variant children and adolescents.
We can provide the full spectrum of care, from simple observation and guidance to hormone suppression and hormone affirming therapy for children of all ages.
The PATH Team strives to provide gender-variant and transgender children and their families with comprehensive education and resources about the options available in medically supporting gender affirmation or transition.
We provide support resources to connect children and families with related experiences. Patient and family comfort is a top priority, and we encourage parents to ask any questions call us with questions or concerns.
- Transgender Youth Resource Network (TYRN) of Wisconsin
- Transgender People
- Positive Parenting: Tough Topics
- Resources for Transgender Youth and Families
- Watch a video about our clinic
- Our nurse coordinator provides an introduction to the clinic and obtains background information prior to meeting you/your child for the first time.
- Prior to initiating any therapy (puberty suppression or gender-affirming hormones), we require supporting documentation from a mental health provider. Our clinic staff can help you find a provider, if needed.
- Patients are checked in by medical assistants, who check blood pressure, heart rate, weight and height.
- Clinic appointments are conducted by our PATH providers (see below for physician information).
Pronouns: she, her, hers Dr. Allen's special interests include preventive pediatric care, adolescent health, and care of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth. She works with transgender kids, adolescent, and their families at our Pe...
Dr. Kelli Lee Harford received her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of South Florida and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences/Arkansas Children's Hospital. She holds a positi...
Pronouns: she, her, hers Dr. Rehm's medical interests include diabetes, working with adolescents, polycystic ovarian syndrome, disorders of sex development, and gender identity at our Pediatric and Adolescent Transgender Health (PATH) Clinic...