Pediatric Neuromuscular Disorders
The specialists at the Pediatric Neuromuscular Disorders Clinic evaluate and treat children with a variety of neuromuscular disorders, including muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy and congenital myopathies.
Experts in pediatric rehabilitation medicine, pediatric pulmonary medicine and pediatric orthopedics work together to develop an effective care plan for your child.
- Interdisciplinary evaluation and management by a pediatric pulmonologist, pediatric orthopedic surgeon and pediatric rehabilitation
- A coordinated clinic visit provides all services, consultations, labs and X-rays at one place at the same time
- Nursing, social work and vocational rehabilitation
- Ventilatory assistance for ventilation and airway clearance
- Pediatric physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Orthotics services for children who require braces
- Respiratory care
- Nutritional consult with a pediatric dietician
- Access to regional Muscular Dystrophy Association representation