Cooking Class for Teens with Type 1 Diabetes
UW Health at The American Center, Learning Kitchen, 4602 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, WI
For questions or more information, please contact the Pediatric Diabetes Clinic at (608) 263-6420.
Free cooking class for teens 12-17 years old with Type 1 diabetes.
Goals of the class:
- Practice counting the carbohydrates in homemade recipes.
- Build a balanced meal and snack using nutrition principles.
- Identify individualized ways to meet recommendations for fruit and vegetable intake.
- Obtain sound resources for nutrition information for a healthy lifestyle.
On the Menu:
- Mini Frittata muffin cups
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Red bean taquito
All Items will be gluten free and provided in class. Please let us know if you have any other food allergies in the registration form below.