Managing Sports Anxiety: Sport Psychology Group to Improve Athletic Performance
UW Health Research Park Clinic, 621 Science Drive, Madison, WI (Map)
Contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 890-6464.
Teenagers are invited to learn mind-body skills in a group setting to help manage anxiety during sporting events and what to do if anxiety is interfering with your performance.
- Stress management techniques to decrease anxious arousal
- How to quickly recover from mistakes to get back into the game
- Re-centering techniques to reduce anxiety and get you back into the present
- Identifying actions, thoughts and behaviors that help you perform well
- Visualization to mentally rehearse your best performance
- Developing a training program to mentally and physically prepare for competition
Shilagh Mirgain, PhD, is a sports and health psychologist in the Department of Rehabilitation and Orthopedics at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. She works with professional, collegiate and school-aged athletes of all levels.
Event flyer (pdf)