1500 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53705
(608) 263-3301 | (800) 323-8942
Do you have access to UW Health MyChart?
MyChart is a secure, interactive patient portal where you can view portions of your medical record such as lab results, send messages, and more. Request a MyChart account now
About the Brain Care Clinic
The Pediatric Brain Care Clinic is an interdisciplinary clinic for infants, children, and adolescents with, or at risk for, developmental and/or behavioral disabilities associated with an acquired brain injury, who have been hospitalized at American Family Children’s Hospital. Children and their families are seen for initial and follow-up visits to address concerns related to the affects of an acquired brain injury, including delay in growth and development, behavior issues, headache management, learning/memory deficits, school performance concerns, and decisions on when to return to full activities.
- Provide early recognition and treatment of behavioral, developmental or learning deficits as a result of a brain injury
- Provide symptom management of post-concussive headaches
- Provide health care counseling regarding prevention of subsequent brain injury
- Create a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals to meet your child’s specific needs
- Facilitate access to community resources and services to support your child and family
- Support and advocate for the patient and family