American Family Children Hospital Child Life Department's In-Kind Donations
We have restrictions in place to protect the saftey, health and privacy of our patients and families.
We are not able to accept any items that do not meet these guidelines.
Please follow all guidelines to make sure your donation counts!
All items must be:
- New and store bought
- In original packaging
- Not gift-wrapped (for the safety of our patients, items that come gift wrapped will always be unwrapped and inspected prior to delivering to patients)
- Latex free
Items not accepted:
- Food or candy
- Items of violent nature (toy guns, swords, bow and arrows, knives, sabers, etc.)
- Items with labels/tags, including: business tags, donor's name, cards, or "In Memory Of" labels
- Used toys
- Stuffed animals
- Hand written or homemade cards or letters (it means more to our patients and families to receive blank cards so they can make their own).
Donations that do not meet the above criteria will not be accepted and given back to donor.
For a PRINTABLE wishlist: Click here
Interested in donating to the AFCH Family Meal Program? Learn more.
Thank you so much for your interest in donating to American Family Children's Hospital. We are very fortunate to have many individuals and community groups who share their generosity with us throughout the year.
Due to our infection control policies, the public cannot personally deliver any items directly to our patients and families.
Let Us Shop For You!
To make a cash donation click on the "Give Now" button below.
All cash donations go toward our Child Life Department Fund to purchase items for our patients and families throughout the year.
We are not able to accept any items that do not meet our guidelines.
Please review our donation criteria (box on the right) before donating items.
All donations can be brought to American Family Children's Hospital and left at the Guest Depot. Donation hours are 7am-5pm Monday through Friday. If you are bringing donations in the evening or on the weekend, please take them to the Security Desk, located past the Guest Depot on the right.
Interested in Individual or Group Project Ideas?
All projects must be pre-approved. For our list of approved individual and group projects, please call 608-264-KIDS (5437) or email us at email@example.com before starting your project.
Interested in Donating a Handmade Item?
All handmade items must be pre-approved. Please call 608-264-KIDS (5437) or email firstname.lastname@example.org before starting your project.
In-Kind Donation Wish List:
Arts and Crafts:
- Canvas panels (small, medium and large)
- Adult/teen coloring books
- Art kits (all ages)
- Do-a-Dot® Markers
- Glue dots
- Sharpie® markers/pens
- Paint brushes (all sizes)
- Foam sheets
- Playdoh® Tools/Shapes/Rollers
- Model Magic® (class packs)
- Elmers® glitter glue pens
- Tacky glue® pens (set of 24)
- Mod Podge®
- Blue/black ink pens
- Wikki Stix®
Top Ten Wish List:
1. Infant Board Books
2. LEGO® sets (individual sets)
3. Wilton® wedding favor tube bubbles
4. $5 and $10 gift cards (Target, Walmart and Amazon)
5. Kinetic Sand™ and Kinetic Sand™ lap tray
6. Orbeez™ water beads
7. Fisher-Price® Little People® and animals
8. Summer® Soothe and Vibe portable soother
9. Elmer's® glitter glue
10. Elmer's® Slime Kits (must be borax/laundry detergent free)
Toys and Games (currently our highest needs are for infant and teen items):
- Crib mirrors/crib toys (all plastic)
- Mobiles (all plastic)
- Sound machines
- Teether rings/teether toys
- Toddler toys (lighted/musical toys, pop-up toys, stacking/sorting toys, Fisher Price®, Playmobil® etc.
- Summer® Soothe and Vibe Portable Soother
- Zoob® building kits
- Puzzles (non-wooden)
- Trains (all plastic)
- All plastic baby dolls
- Doctor kits
- Superhero toys/figures
- Over-the-door basketball hoops
- Teen board games
- Licensed sports team related items (ex: Badgers, Brewers and Packers apparel)
Favorite Distraction Items
Child Life Specialists use specially selected items* to help kids cope with pokes, tests, and other stressful procedures.
- Wilton® wedding favor tube bubbles
- Light up wands
- Light up "DNA" ball
- "Molecule" stress ball
- "Neon-Mesh" stress ball
- Flarp® noise putty
- Bead drum
- Colorful rain stick (all plastic)
- Aurora Master Light projector
- Odball™ Rollin' Rainstick rattle
- Slinky® Pop Toobs™
- I-SPY books
- Playlearn Auto Shake & Shine 13" bubble tube
*For more details, you can find these items on our Amazon Wish list
Positive Imaging Center:
The Positive Imaging Center offers a customized approach to salon services to help each child enhance his/her self-esteem and confindence. Services are provided to patients at no cost.
- Nail decals
- Eyebrow pencils/stencils
- Makeup primers
- Makeup kits
- Glitter sparkle powder
- Wide tooth combs
- Clip-in hair extensions
- Travel size: dry shampoo, hair spray, leavin-in conditioner
- Baseball and summer hats
- Light weight scarves
- Natural Life® Boho Bandeau Headbands
- Satin pillowcases
For more ideas please see our list of registries:
To help you shop, we've created a list of suggested items to donate. In addition to our printable PDF Child Life Wishlist (found on this website), we've also created wish lists on Amazon and Target Gift Registries.
Please follow the below links/instructions to access our gift registries and select your gift that will be shipped to us directly.
- AMAZON: To access our AFCH Child Life Amazon online registry, go to the registry page and in the "find a Baby Registry" search bar, enter: "afch." Then select the registry listed as: afch.
- AMAZON SMILE: Another way to give to Child Life and the American Family Children's Hospital is by using the Amazon Smile Program. Go to the Amazon Smile Program and select University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority as the charity organization. By doing so, 0.5% of your purchases will benefit the American Family Children's Hospital and the Child Life Department directly.
- TARGET: To access our Target registry, go to the Target registry page and enter afch into the First Name and Last Name field serach boxes click on the red "View Registry" button to view our registry items.