Asthma Internet Resources
The American Family Children's Hospital Asthma Advocacy Program in Madison, Wisconsin, is a partnership of health care providers committed to reducing the burden of asthma in Dane County.
Asthma Resources for Parents
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - National Heart Lung and Blood Institute: NIH provides asthma information in English and Spanish.
- Wisconsin Asthma Program, Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Includes asthma data, the Wisconsin Asthma Plan, information about work-related asthma and links to videos
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR): Up-to-the-minute air quality reports and links to subscribe to e-mail or text notifications of air quality watches and advisories
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Includes information about asthma triggers and the EPA asthma program
- American Lung Association (ALA): ALA has many resources about lung health, including the new ALA State of the Air app.
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology: Asthma information for consumers and health professionals, as well as a members section
- American College of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology: Provides health professional members with continuing education, promotes excellence in the profession, and has an extensive resource list for the public
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America: Volunteer opportunities, chapter and clinic searches, and educational resources
- The Wisconsin Burden of Asthma (pdf): A summary of asthma surveillance data in Wisconsin
- The Wisconsin Asthma Plan (pdf): A strategic plan to comprehensively address asthma as a public health issue in Wisconsin
- Food Allergies: General information about food allergies from UW Health's Health Information library.
- Children's Health Alliance of Wisconsin: Information about medication assistance program.
Asthma Resources for Students and Children
Asthma Education Programs in Schools
- Iggy and the Inhalers: Asthma education program for elementary school students. Evaluation of this education program showed one month retention of knowledge learned. Program includes video, comic book, trading cards and stickers.
- Fight Asthma Now: An education program out of Chicago for both elementary and teen students.
- Open Airways for Schools: American Lung Association program for elementary school students.
Wisconsin Quitline: Medication information, counseling and web forums from the University of Wisconsin Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention.