Safety Town is a program designed for children entering kindergarten in the fall which teaches children how to be safe in their community.
Safety Town uses hands-on activities - taught in a small-scale city with streets, homes and sidewalks - to teach children about many different aspects of safety and injury prevention.
- Bicycle safety
- Electrical safety
- Animal safety
- Fire, playground, school bus and traffic safety
- Water safety
- Poison education
- Weather safety
- Pedestrian safety
Guest speakers and unique activities top off a great program. Snacks are included.
2019 Safety Town Dates
- July 29-Aug. 2
- Aug. 5-9
Registration link will be added when available
More Information About Safety Town
- We require the parent or guardian to sign their child out each day. Please be prepared to show photo ID every day.
- Items to bring every day include a bike helmet and extra change of clothes in a zip lock bag
- Every day your child attends Safety Town, they will be sent home with a daily report. This report will give you an insight of the safety topics we discussed that day, and also a report on your child’s behavior.
- This program is committed to safety and holds the safety of all participants involved in high regard. Safety Town reserves the right, upon notification of parents, to dismiss, without refund, any student during any session for inappropriate behavior in which the Safety Town house leader determines that your child’s behavior is detrimental to the well-being of other students or to the smooth operation of Safety Town.
- Special Needs: Safety Town is a fast-paced learning environment. We transition from one learning activity to another, with as little downtime as possible. Please give careful consideration when determining if your child is going to participate in Safety Town.
- The last day of Safety Town has a graduation ceremony. Graduation starts at 11am. Once graduation is over, your child is dismissed from Safety Town, so please plan accordingly.