NICU Patient and Family Advisory Council
The NICU Patient and Family Advisory Council, made up of NICU family members from American Family Children's Hospital and UnityPoint Health - Meriter, helps us improve the family experience and quality of care at both locations.
We are seeking a wide range of perspectives, and encourage NICU family members of any age, cultural background or ability to indicate their interest in serving on the Council.
Your input can help future NICU patient families. A Patient and Family Advisory Council can help us improve the experience for future NICU families by:
- Offering advice on how we can provide the best possible NICU experience for the entire family
- Helping NICU physicians, nurses and staff better understand situations from the family's perspective
- Helping us create or update patient/family educational materials to be more reader-friendly
- Sharing stories to inform, educate or inspire
- Reinforcing the idea that patient families and health care providers are equal partners who work together to seek the very best care for every baby, mother and family
About the Meetings
The NICU Patient and Family Advisory Council meets four times per year on weeknights, with dinner provided.
Join the Council
If you might be interested in becoming a member of the NICU Patient and Family Advisory Council, please complete our application form.
Contact us at email@example.com or (608) 826-9168.