Child Life Internship Requirements
We only accept interns affiliated with a college or university.
- At least senior standing in an accredited college or university and have all coursework completed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in child life
- Grade-point average of 3.0 in core classes
- Completed Association of Child Life Professionals Eligibility Assessment
- A course in Medical Terminology
- 100 hours of experience with well infants, children, youth and/or families
- 100 hours volunteering or working with children in a hospital or health care setting (Child Life practicum experience does count towards these hours)
- Verification of hours in a hospital or health care setting are to be on institutional letterhead
For Your Information
- Once applications are reviewed, qualified candidates will be selected for an interview onsite or via Skype or FaceTime. Please note that not all applicants will be selected for an interview, and not all interviewed candidates will be offered an internship.
- Upon acceptance of the internship, all interns are required to complete a criminal background check, pass a health screening, and provide proof of recent TB skin tests.