Family Resource Center
American Family Children's Hospital
Room 1424, Level One
(608) 890-8042 (fax)
At American Family Children's Hospital Family Resource Center in Madison, Wisconsin, parents and family members can find a supporting, caring and quiet environment dedicated to fostering learning.
One of the essential building blocks of developing strong relationships for family members and health care providers is encouraging parents to be active learners and participants in their child's medical care, while maintaining life's routines.
The Center is a contemporary educational and business center which features a consumer health resource library for families, reading room and business center. Patient families can find up-to-date consumer health information, learn about community resources and services, and connect with other families.
- Books and DVDs on topics like anatomy, conditions or diseases, doctor or hospital, fitness, grief and death, hygiene, nutrition, parenting, safety, and sexuality. See also our Spanish/Bi-lingual listing.
- Several consumer health magazines/newsletters on subjects like attention deficit disorder, child health, diabetes, nutrition, as well as the Wisconsin State Journal
- Free health brochures, flyers and pamphlets
- Three computers with online access to databases like Badgerlink, Hmonghealth (both in English and Hmong), MedlinePlus and Noah (both in English and Spanish), as well as email and DVD access
- Free access to a fax machine, copier and printer
- Free wireless Internet access