Asthma Advocacy Program
American Family Children's Hospital's Asthma Advocacy Program is dedicated to promoting health and wellness by empowering, educating and advocating for children with asthma and their families, providing connections to resources and building trusting partnerships with families, community agencies and providers in our community.
What do we do?
- Asthma education: We provide asthma education to community organizations using the American Lung Association's Asthma 101 curriculum.
- School-based asthma education: We work with school districts to implement Iggy and the Inhalers Asthma Education for elementary students and Kickin' Asthma for middle and high school students.
2019 Madison Asthma Camp
American Family Children's Hospital's annual Madison Asthma Camp is Thursday, June 13.
The Madison Asthma Camp is a free, one-day camp for children ages 8-12 with asthma.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided
- Free cab transportation to and from camp provided for children living in the Madison area
- Campers learn about asthma, asthma medicines and how to recognize and treat asthma symptoms
- Campers learn how lungs work with dissected pig lungs
- Campers will get active with MSCR Fit-2-Go Van and Taekwondo
- Campers take home and Iggy and the Inhalers comic book
Call (608) 890-5665 for registration information. Registration deadline is May 30, 2019.
Iggy and the Inhalers
Our Madison Asthma Camp incorporates Iggy and the Inhalers asthma education throughout the day. Watch the video and learn more about asthma:
Asthma Clinical Research
Learn more about current research studies for children by calling (877) 942-7846.