Pediatric Palliative Care
The goal of the Pediatric Palliative Care Team at the American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin is achievement of the highest possible quality of life for children and families as they face life-threatening conditions.
Our multidisciplinary team aims to assess and meet physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs through family-centered care.
We work together with the child's medical team to:
- Assist in medical decision making
- Provide continuity
- Provide comprehensive symptom management
- Plan safe and seamless transitions between care settings
- Set goals specific to the individual patient and family
- Tailor medical care to address care goals
- Provide emotional, social and spiritual support
- Coordinate family meetings and care conferences
- Work with resources in the community
- Improve advanced care planning
- Access bereavement services