Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome Clinic
Contact Phone Number
One Friday afternoon per month
The Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome Clinic provides education and intervention for children and adolescents who have or are at risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
What is pediatric metabolic syndrome?
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions including:
- Increased blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Excess body fat around the waist
- Abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels
Your Visit to the Pediatric Metabolic Syndrome Clinic
- Our nurse coordinator will send you an introductory packet prior to your visit that will provide an introduction to the clinic and include initial health screening forms that you will fill out and bring with you to your first visit.
- We will ask your referring doctor to order the following fasting lab tests prior to the clinic visit: Comprehensive metabolic panel, fasting insulin and glucose, lipid (cholesterol) panel, CK (creatine kinase), a urinalysis and a urine microalbumin/creatinine ratio.
- On the day of the visit, patients are checked in by medical assistants, who check blood pressure, heart rate, weight, height and waist circumference.
- To make the best use of your time and provide clear, consistent information, clinic appointments are conducted jointly with all three clinic providers and our dietitian (see below for physician information).
Dr. Peterson earned her medical degree from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (formerly UW Medical School), Madison, WI. She completed her internship and residency at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI ...
Dr. Redpath is a pediatric nephrologist who provides care for pediatric transplant patients. Prior to joining the nephrology team at UW Health, she completed a fellowship at Seattle Children’s Hospital, where she also completed a master's degre...
Pronouns: she, her, hers Dr. Rehm's medical interests include diabetes, working with adolescents, polycystic ovarian syndrome, disorders of sex development, and gender identity at our Pediatric and Adolescent Transgender Health (PATH) Clinic...