Breakfast Casserole Cups
Olive oil (for sautéing the vegetables)
Vegetable options: 5 oz package fresh spinach, 6 oz mushrooms, 1 bell pepper or 2/3 c frozen O’Brien potatoes
¼ cup milk
4-6 oz cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage, diced ham or crumbled veggie sausage (optional)
3 oz shredded cheese of your choice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Makes 12 individual casserole cups (six servings)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or brush a muffin tin with oil.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Chop vegetables and then saute in oil until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk.
- Divide meat (if using) and vegetables evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling no more than ¾ full, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave in the pan for a few minutes until cool enough to handle. Serve warm.
- Can also freeze for another breakfast between sheets of wax paper - thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm in microwave (check every 20 seconds).