Butternut Squash Soup
2 T tub Margarine
1 C white onion, diced
½ pound Butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
6 C low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
Plain, fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
Makes four servings
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add margarine, onion, carrot and celery and sauté, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree with a stick immersion blender or in your regular blender, in batches, carefully venting the lid. Return to pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until flavors are incorporated.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.