Chewy Oatmeal Cookie Bars
2 Tbsp light butter (at room temperature)
¼ Cup prune puree
1 Tbsp flaxseed, ground mixed with 2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ Cup white sugar
¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp Splenda® brown sugar
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 Cup oats
½ Cup raisins (optional)
½ Cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 11x14 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the white and brown sugars; add the egg, prune puree and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add the oats and raisins and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with rubber spatula.
- Bake for about 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown and pull away.