1 T olive Oil
1 small zucchini, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup kale or chard, de-stemmed and chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
1 cup red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cups 2% white cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ t salt
1 T thyme, fresh, or 1 t dry
1 t Parsley, dry
Makes four servings
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Sauté vegetables in oil over medium heat until fork tender.
- Crack eggs into mixing bowl and beat with a whisk. Add ½ of the shredded cheese (¼ cup), salt and herbs to mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, covered over low heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add remaining cheese. Return the cover to the pan and let cheese melt. Serve warm.
Fun Fact: This dish is a great way to provide a variety of colorful vegetables. Researchers have shown that children will try and eat more fruits and vegetables when an assortment of colors is served.