Information for New Patients and Referring Physicians
The goal of the Pediatric Fitness Clinic in Madison, Wisconsin, is to support lifestyle changes that include increased activity and improved nutrition using local resources whenever possible. We work closely with referring physicians to help them stay informed of the progress of their patients while in our care.
To refer a patient to the UW Health Pediatric Fitness Clinic:
- Submit a referral via Healthlink (EPIC)
- Submit an online or faxed referral
If you have specific questions, please call (608) 262-5416.
The clinic serves children from 5 to 18 years of age who have concerns related to their overall fitness, ability to exercise, sensory issues that affect their nutrition, history of overweight or obesity, high cholesterol, blood sugar, or insulin, or who simply want to get fit.
Note that the clinic will see patients outside of the listed age range above. For special circumstances, please call our team nurse at (608) 262-5416.
What Referring Physicians Can Do
- Talk to your patient and their families about concerns and reasons for referral.
- Help increase their motivation and readiness to change before referring.
- Read the AAP Guidelines on Pediatric Obesity Management.