Jumping Bean Chili
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 carrots, diced
½ white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cans (14.5 oz) beans (red, kidney, black, etc), drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 can vegetarian refried beans
1 large can (28 oz.) chopped tomatoes
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- Sauté onions and olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and garlic and cook until carrots just begin to soften.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cumin and chili powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the beans and refried beans; stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes and serve warm.