The following ingredients can be used to make a variety of wraps, including:
- Turkey and Cheese rollup
- Philly Beef and Cheese with Peppers Wrap
- Hawaiian Wrap, with Ham, Cheese and Pineapple
- Personal Pizza Wrap, with turkey meatballs, shredded cheese and assorted vegetables
- Veggie wrap, with hummus and assorted vegetables
- Taco wrap, with refried beans, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese and vegetables with guacamole and salsa
1 low-fat, whole wheat tortilla (small or medium)
1 serving of lean protein (turkey, chicken, lean ham, lean roast beef, turkey meatballs, peanut butter, refried beans)
1 serving of low-fat dairy (shredded cheese, sliced cheese, soft cheese spread, Greek yogurt)
1 serving of vegetables (spinach, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, bell pepper, tomato sauce)
1 serving of healthy fat (1 Tbsp hummus, ¼ avocado, 1 Tbsp guacamole
- Lay the tortilla flat and then spread the healthy fat of your choice on the tortilla.
- Lay the lean protein on top of the spread.
- Place the low-fat cheese or yogurt on top of the lean protein.
- Spread the vegetables over the dairy evenly.
- Then, fold one side of the wrap towards the center about 1 inch.
- Begin to roll the wrap tightly beginning at an edge to the left or the right of the fold.