Swimming Fish Taco
This recipe by UW Health chef John Williams won the National Restaurant Association's Kids LiveWell Recipe Challenge in 2014 in the independent noncommercial foodservice category.Ingredients
1 piece of Tilapia (6 to 8 oz)
3 ounces of shredded cabbage
1 mango (Peeled and diced)
3 lime wedges
3 tsp chopped cilantro
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook the fish for 4 minutes undisturbed, then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place fish on cutting board and cut into three equal pieces. Set aside.
- Place three corn and whole-wheat tortillas on a plate and sandwich them between two slightly dampened sheets of paper towel. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Place the warm tortillas on a plate and place a piece of each fish on the tortilla.
- Top with 1oz of shredded cabbage on each piece of fish, top with mango, cilantro and squeeze of fresh lime.
Suggested side dishes: Grapes or cut up watermelon.