Tasty Taco Bar
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
3 cups lettuce, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup low-fat cheese, shredded
1 can fat-free refried beans
- Begin by washing and preparing all vegetables.
- Place a medium sauté pan on the stove and place thawed ground turkey into the pan. Heat the turkey over medium heat.
- Begin to brown the turkey over medium heat; stirring occasionally. Cook the turkey until the juices run clear and there is no pink in sight.
- Turn off the stove and drain the ground turkey in a colander and clean the sauté pan.
- Return the cooked turkey to a clean sauté pan and add 1-2 tbsp water, cumin and chili powder. Cover the turkey and allow the meat to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the turkey is simmering, place all other prepared ingredients in separate dishes.
- Warm the refried beans.
- Serve the turkey warm and all other ingredients chilled.