Education and Online Resources for Families
Ask the paging operator to page the on-call provider for pediatric palliative care
Family Support and Bereavement
View a list of community organizations and resources:
At American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, we're committed to excellent palliative care for children - whether a child has just been diagnosed, is in active treatment, has completed therapy, or is nearing the end of life.
The following resources are available to help families deal with a variety of situations they encounter when a child has a life-threatening or life-limiting medical condition.
About Palliative Care
Dealing with Death, Dying and Grief
- How to Explain Death to Siblings and Help them Cope
- Bereavement: Next Steps
- Helping Your Child Deal with Death
- About Teen Suicide
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- How Can I Help My Child Cope with a Friend's Death?
- How Can I Help My Daughter Cope with the Death of Her Father?
- When a Pet Dies
- Parenting and Grief
Parenting Through Serious Illness
End of Life Care
Kids and Teens and Emotions
- How Can I Cope with My Dad's Death?
- Somebody in My Friend's Family Died. What Should I Do?
- Helping Kids Handle Worry
- Helping Kids Cope with Stress
- My Pet Died. How Can I Feel Better?
- Kids Talk About Death
- For Teens: Death and Grief
- For Kids: When Somebody Dies