Pediatric Swallowing Conditions
The pediatric professionals at the Swallowing Clinic at American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, care for infants, children and adolescents who have difficulties swallowing.
With every patient, we carefully evaluate the concern and use developmentally-appropriate techniques to improve the swallowing function.
Our team uses a collaborative approach to pediatric care and routinely includes voice, swallowing and surgical specialists to provide the best possible treatment for patients.
Using technology such as videofluoroscopy and relying upon our staff's expert clinical skills, we provide an effective and pleasant environment for pediatric patients.
Conditions and Treatments
- Evaluation and treatment of pediatric vocal cord dysfunction
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic coughs
- Diagnosis and treatment of swallowing problems
- Evaluation and treatment of problems associated with Cleft Lip and Palate and craniofacial anomalies
- Diagnostic and treatment services for persons with communication problems associated with Head and Neck Cancer