Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
UW Health Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clinic specializes in the diagnosis, management and treatment of bleeding and clotting conditions including management of heavy menstrual bleeding, evaluation for a bleeding disorder, management and treatment planning as needed.
Our staff includes pediatric hematology and adolescent medicine providers and nursing staff. We also provide consultation with experts in gynecology, nutrition, genetic counseling, social work and pharmacy is available and specialized lab services.
When to See a Doctor
- A period that lasts more than 7 days
- Flooding or gushing during your period
- Bleeding through a tampon or pad in 2 hours or less
- Your period affects your ability to do usual activity
- Symptoms of anemia or iron deficiency such as tiredness
- Bleeding so heavy you have been seen in an emergency department or needed hospitalization
- Menstrual concerns with known bleeding or clotting disorders
- A family history of bleeding disorders
To schedule an appointment, please call (608) 890-9493. If this is an after-hours emergency, please call (608) 263-0486 and ask for the pediatric hematologist on call.
To arrange for a patient to be seen, please call the clinic direct or visit our How to Refer a Patient section.