Your Child's Urology Surgery
After Hours, Holidays and Weekends
Tell the paging operator your surgeon's name and ask to speak to the doctor on call.
Knowing what to expect is an important part of getting ready for surgery. Explaining what will happen before, during and after surgery is one of the best ways to help prepare your child for surgery.
At American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, we will help you and your child through each step of preparation, surgery and recovery. We believe the family is part of the team caring for your child. Please ask any questions that you may have during the time that you are with us.
You may have already received the information below during your pre-operative appointments. If you were already given the following printed information, the links on the left side of this page include more information to help you prepare.
If you have any questions, or if you do not find your child's surgery listed on this website, please contact us using the information in the right column of this page.
Pediatric Urology Surgeries
General Information About Surgery at American Family Children's Hospital
- Your Child's First Day Surgery or Outpatient Surgery
- The Pediatric Surgical Process (includes information about surgical process steps and a video)
- Talking to Your Child About Surgery
- Using the "Pain Scale" to Help Control Your Child's Comfort
- Frequently Asked Questions About Surgical Site Infections