Preparing for Your Visit to the Pediatric Preventive Cardiology Clinic
If you have questions about your appointment at the Pediatric Preventive Cardiology Clinic at American Family Children's Hospital, please call (608) 263-6420 and select option 2 to have a message sent to the cardiology nursing staff.
Within two weeks of your appointment, you will be sent a "food diary" and family history form to fill out. We ask that you complete these forms and bring them to your appointment:
We request that a fasting lipid panel be performed before your appointment. Your child’s appointment may need to be rescheduled if lab studies are not performed before your appointment.
Your Clinic Visit
- The Pediatric Specialty Clinic is on the 2nd floor of American Family Children’s Hospital.
- Patients must first come to the 2nd floor to register in Outpatient Registration located in the specialty clinic. Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for the appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- A medical assistant will obtain your child’s height, weight, pulse, blood pressure, waist measurement, medication and allergy history before escorting your family to an exam room.
- A physician and/or nurse practitioner will examine your child and discuss a plan of care. A nutritionist might also meet with you and your child.
- Expect the first visit to last 60 to 90 minutes. Please plan appropriately by bringing books, toys or games for your child.