There are many tools that can help make carbohydrate counting and insulin calculations easier tasks, including apps that you can download to your computer, smartphones and iPhones.
Diabetes Technology Reviews
The American Diabetes Association reviews the latest diabetes technology annually in Diabetes Forecast
Pumps: Learn more about these devices, which deliver insulin under the skin continuously.
Sensors: Learn more about sensors, aka continuous glucose monitors, which measure the sugar under the skin.
General Apps (Carb Counting and More)
Programs for Downloading/Managing Information from Diabetes Devices
- Accu-Check Connect® Online Portal: Allows upload and review of glucometer data from Accu-chek Gide and Aviva Connect meters. Can view data on an mobile app or in web browser.
- Dexcom Clarity: Online portal that allows upload of Dexcom continuous glucose monitor data for review and sharing with clinic. Syncs with Dexcom Clarity mobile app.
- Glooko: Online portal that allows upload of various diabetes devices to create reports to assess diabetes data. Omnipod users are provided with a Glooko account to allow them to upload their pump. Compatible with companion smartphone app.
- Medtronic Carelink: Online portal that allows upload of Medtronic pump and glucometer information. Users can view various reports to assist with pump adjustments and can share reports with their healthcare provider.
- OneTouch Reveal: Allows One Touch Verio Flex glucometer to sync and share blood sugar information to smartphone, upload data to the app for review.
- T:Connect: Online portal that allows upload of Tandem insulin pump and Dexcom CGM information.
- Tidepool: Web-based platform that allows for upload of various brands of pumps and CGM and allows users to view data from various devices in a single program. Compatible with companion smartphone app.
Click the BEGIN button below to make your personalized insulin dosing chart.